Scallop harvest specifications will be addressed by the Council at its April 2018 meeting.
The Scallop Plan Team supports Council decision-making by providing ongoing biological advice on scallops such as the overfishing level (OFL) and acceptable biological catch (ABC). Plan Team members include Council staff and personnel from the NMFS’ RegionalOffice, the Alaska Department of Fish and Game, and local universities. A Plan Team meeting is held annually, prior to Council’s April meeting, for the purpose of compiling a Stock Assessment and Fishery Evaluation (SAFE) report. The SAFE comprises the best available scientific information on the past, present, and possible future condition of the scallop stock, the economic condition of the scallop fishery, and an overview of associated ecosystem considerations and concerns.
Staff contact is Jim Armstrong, 907-271-2805.
Membership of the Scallop Plan Team
- Quinn Smith, Chair (ADF&G Douglas)
- Jim Armstrong, Vice Chair (NPFMC Staff, Plan Coordinator)
- Ryan Burt (ADF&G Kodiak)
- Mike Byerly (ADF&G Homer)
- Scott Miller (NMFS AKRO Juneau)
- John Olson (NMFS AKRO Anchorage)
- Sarah Webster (APU)
- Ben Williams (ADF&G Juneau)
- Jie Zheng (ADF&G Juneau)
Scallop SAFE Reports
- Scallop SAFE 2018 (in development)
- Scallop SAFE 2017
- Scallop SAFE 2016
- Scallop SAFE 2015
- Scallop SAFE 2014
- Scallop SAFE, 2013
- Scallop SAFE, 2012
- Scallop SAFE, 2011
- Scallop SAFE, 2010
- Scallop SAFE, 2009
- Scallop SAFE, 2008
- Scallop SAFE, 2007
- Scallop SAFE, 2006 Appendix A, B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B6, and B7
- Scallop SAFE, 2004
Scallop Plan Team minutes
- 2017, 2018 (in development)
- 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011
- 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005
- Most recent meeting: February 21, 2018, ADF&G Office, Kodiak. Agenda.
Alaska Scallop Fishery Management Plan
The Fishery Management Plan was developed to manage the Alaska weathervane scallop fishery. Only four vessels are permitted under a license limitation program. In-season management of the fishery is provided by ADF&G in Kodiak.
- Fishery Management Plan for the Scallop fishery off Alaska (February 2014)