In addition to discussing the relative priority of previously tasked projects, the Council clarified direction and tasking for its various committees. The Council also took the following actions:
- Send a letter to the Alaskan Joint Command thanking them for the presentation on the planned 2017 military training exercise (Northern Edge) in the Gulf of Alaska, and requesting that they provide an update when completed.
- Send a letter to the IPHC requesting that Craig Cross replace Dan Hull as a Council representative on the Management Strategy Advisory Board.
- Request a report in April from NMFS on the status, trends, and plans for research and management of fur seals in the Pribilof Islands.
- Request that the BSAI crab plan team have input into the Alaska Board of Fisheries process as the BOF reviews the Tanner crab harvest strategy.
- Recommend conditional implementation of the stock assessment prioritization process, and requests NMFS report next year on how the funding was prioritized within and among regions, as well as a full review of the process after one full cycle (4 years).