The BSAI Crab FMP established a Pacific Northwest Crab Industry Advisory Committee (PNCIAC) to provide the Alaska Board of Fisheries advice on preseason and in-season management measures for BSAI King and Tanner crab fisheries. The PNCIAC provides non-residents of Alaska input to the Alaska Board of Fisheries and serves the same consultative role as existing Alaska Fish and Game Advisory Committees. The PNCIAC is also authorized to provide the Council with advice on crab management.
Current members include (12/20): Steve Minor (Chair), Jamie Goen (Secretary, non-voting), Lance Farr, Erling (Jake) Jacobsen, Dean Fasnacht, Gary Painter, Edward Poulsen, Brett Reasor, Mike Simpson, Elizabeth Reed, Sean Dwyer, and Mark Casto. Members are appointed by the Council and serve for 2-year terms. Staff contact is Sarah Marrinan, 907-271-2814.
The next PNCIAC meeting will occur via Zoom on May 25, 2022, 9am – 11am AKT.
Agenda topics will include:
- Bristol Bay red king crab actions including voluntary measures
- Opilio crab rebuilding
- Council process changes
- Other business
This meeting is open to the public. More information including meeting links forthcoming.
Past Meeting Minutes
Items of Interest
- Public comment for the Council’s executive session on the timing of crab seasons, 3/13/2022
- Public comment to the Council on proposal for partial deliveries of crab, 4/10/18
- Public comment to the Council on elogbooks, 4/10/18
- Letter to Alaska Board of Fisheries Supporting Emergency Petition by Alaska Bering Sea Crabbers, 9/12/16
- Letter to Alaska Board of Fisheries Supporting Bairdi Emergency, 1/8/17
- Letter to Alaska Board of Fisheries Recommending Bairdi Harvest Strategies, 5/10/17