The Council’s Charter Halibut Management Committee was established to develop recommended management alternatives for the charter halibut fishery in Areas 2C and 3A. Requested changes to management measures are suggested by the Committee in October of each year, then evaluated by ADF&G staff to estimate their impact on charter halibut catch. The Committee recommends management measures to the Council in December of each year.
In 2016 the Council expanded the role of the committee to include any items that affect the management of the charter halibut sector in Alaska. The Council expanded the membership of the committee to represent a greater diversity of charter halibut fishing communities in Areas 2C and 3A.
Staff contact is Steve MacLean, 907-271-2809.
- Solicitation for Charter Halibut Management Committee (12/14/2017)
- Nominations open for Charter Halibut Committee (2/14/2017)
- Andy Mezirow, chairman
- Seth Bone – 2C Sitka
- Forrest Braden – 2C Utah
- Kent Huff – 2C Gustavus
- Stan Malcom – 2C Petersburg
- Richard Yamada – 2C Auke Bay
- Daniel Donich – 3A Homer
- Mike Flores – 3A Ninilchik
- Matt Kopec – 3A Homer
- Denise May – 3A Port Lions
- Steve Zernia – 3A Seward
- December 8, 2015 1-5 PM Hilton, Anchorage AK
- Halibut Charter Implementation Committee Meeting Minutes; December 8, 2015
- Final 2015 GAF Report
- Analysis of Charter Management Measures for 2016 (Areas 2C/3A)
- October 21, 2015 1-5pm, Telephonic meeting, Anchorage, AK