The Charter Halibut Management Committee provides recommendations to the Council on any issue affecting charter halibut management off Alaska. Membership of the Committee represents a diversity of charter halibut fishing communities and operational types in Areas 2C (Southeast Alaska) and 3A (Southcentral Alaska).
In one of its primary roles, the Committee recommends annual management measures (i.e., bag limits, size restrictions, day-of-the-week closures etc.) for Council consideration in it management of the charter halibut fisheries in Areas 2C and 3A. The Committee meets each October to develop its recommendations for the upcoming year. Estimates of halibut catch under the proposed harvest measures are then evaluated by ADF&G staff. The Committee meets again in December to provide final recommendation to the Council for the upcoming charter halibut season.
Staff contact is Sarah Marrinan, 907-271-2809.
|Andy Mezirow||3A Seward (Chairman)|
|Seth Bone||2C Sitka|
|Forrest Braden||2C Utah/ Gustavus|
|Daniel Donich||3A Homer|
|Mike Flores||3A Ninilchik|
|Kent Huff||2C Gustavus|
|Matt Kopec||3A Whittier|
|Stan Malcolm||2C Petersburg|
|Richard Yamada||2C Auke Bay|
|Steve Zernia||3A Seward|
- Charter Halibut Management Measures for 2022 (12/17/2021)
- Call for Nominations (10/20/2021)
- Charter Halibut (12/15/2020)
- Charter Halibut Management Emergency Action (5/19/2020)
- Charter Halibut Management Measures for Area 3A (2/5/2020)
- 2020 Charter Halibut Management Measures for Areas 2C and 3A (12/13/2019)
- Unguided Halibut Rental Vessels (12/13/2019)
- 2019 Charter Halibut Management Measures (12/14/2018)
- Unguided Halibut Rental Boats (10/11/2018)
- Charter Halibut Permit (CHP) Renewal (4/12/2018)
Past Meeting Materials
- Committee Mtg: November 30, 2020
- Committee Mtg: October 27, 2020
- May 15, 2020 Special Council Meeting
- January 23, 2020 1-3 PM
- Committee Mtg: October 29, 2019 in Anchorage, AK.
- Committee Mtg: December 3, 2019 in Anchorage, AK.
- December 4, 2017 in Anchorage, AK. Meeting available online, and via phone at (907) 271-2896
- October 10, 2017 in Anchorage, AK – Minutes –
The meeting will be broadcast over AdobeConnect at https://npfmc.adobeconnect.
com/charterhalibut/. The phone line will be open at (907) 271-2896.
- December 8, 2015 1-5 PM Hilton, Anchorage AK
- Halibut Charter Implementation Committee Meeting Minutes; December 8, 2015
- Final 2015 GAF Report
- Analysis of Charter Management Measures for 2016 (Areas 2C/3A)
- October 21, 2015 1-5pm, Telephonic meeting, Anchorage, AK