Next meeting: October 27, 2020 9AM-3PM. All meeting info provided in eAgenda.
The Charter Halibut Management Committee provides recommendations to the Council on any issue affecting charter halibut management off Alaska. Membership of the Committee represents a diversity of charter halibut fishing communities in Areas 2C and 3A.
On an annual basis, the Committee recommends regulations for the Council to consider in its recommendations for managing the charter fishery in Areas 2C and 3A. The Committee meets each October to develop its recommendations for the upcoming year. Estimates of halibut catch under the proposed harvest measures are then evaluated by ADF&G staff and are presented to the Council for action at their December meeting.
Staff contact is Jim Armstrong, 907-271-2809.
- Solicitation for Charter Halibut Management Committee (12/14/2017)
- Nominations open for Charter Halibut Committee (2/14/2017)
|Andy Mezirow||3A Seward (Chairman)|
|Seth Bone||2C Sitka|
|Forrest Braden||2C Utah|
|Daniel Donich||3A Homer|
|Mike Flores||3A Ninilchik|
|Kent Huff||2C Gustavus|
|Matt Kopec||3A Homer|
|Stan Malcolm||2C Petersburg|
|Denise May||3A Port Lions|
|Richard Yamada||2C Auke Bay|
|Steve Zernia||3A Seward|
- December 4, 2017 in Anchorage, AK. Meeting available online, and via phone at (907) 271-2896
- October 10, 2017 in Anchorage, AK – Minutes –
The meeting will be broadcast over AdobeConnect at https://npfmc.adobeconnect.
com/charterhalibut/. The phone line will be open at (907) 271-2896.
- December 8, 2015 1-5 PM Hilton, Anchorage AK
- Halibut Charter Implementation Committee Meeting Minutes; December 8, 2015
- Final 2015 GAF Report
- Analysis of Charter Management Measures for 2016 (Areas 2C/3A)
- October 21, 2015 1-5pm, Telephonic meeting, Anchorage, AK