The Charter Halibut Management Committee provides recommendations to the Council on any issue affecting charter halibut management off Alaska. Membership of the Committee represents a diversity of charter halibut fishing communities in Areas 2C and 3A.
On an annual basis, the Committee recommends regulations for the Council to consider in its recommendations for managing the charter fishery in Areas 2C and 3A. The Committee meets each October to develop its recommendations for the upcoming year. Estimates of halibut catch under the proposed harvest measures are then evaluated by ADF&G staff and are presented to the Council for action at their December meeting.
Staff contact is Sarah Marrinan, 907-271-2809.
The Charter Halibut Management Committee will be meeting virtually Monday, December 6, 2021 from 8am – 4pm AKT to review an analysis on 2022 charter management measures and to make final recommendations to the Council. More meeting information will be posted here and on the eAgenda as the meeting approaches.
|Andy Mezirow||3A Seward (Chairman)|
|Seth Bone||2C Sitka|
|Forrest Braden||2C Utah|
|Daniel Donich||3A Homer|
|Mike Flores||3A Ninilchik|
|Kent Huff||2C Gustavus|
|Matt Kopec||3A Homer|
|Stan Malcolm||2C Petersburg|
|Richard Yamada||2C Auke Bay|
|Steve Zernia||3A Seward|
- Call for Nominations (10/20/2021)
- Charter Halibut (12/15/2020)
- Charter Halibut Management Emergency Action (5/19/2020)
- Charter Halibut Management Measures for Area 3A (2/5/2020)
- 2020 Charter Halibut Management Measures for Areas 2C and 3A (12/13/2019)
- Unguided Halibut Rental Vessels (12/13/2019)
- 2019 Charter Halibut Management Measures (12/14/2018)
- Unguided Halibut Rental Boats (10/11/2018)
- Charter Halibut Permit (CHP) Renewal (4/12/2018)
- Mixing of Guided and Unguided Halibut (4/12/2018)
Past Meeting Materials
- November 30, 2020
- October 27, 2020
- May 15, 2020 Special Council Meeting
- January 23, 2020 1-3 PM
- December 4, 2017 in Anchorage, AK. Meeting available online, and via phone at (907) 271-2896
- October 10, 2017 in Anchorage, AK – Minutes –
The meeting will be broadcast over AdobeConnect at https://npfmc.adobeconnect.
com/charterhalibut/. The phone line will be open at (907) 271-2896.
- December 8, 2015 1-5 PM Hilton, Anchorage AK
- Halibut Charter Implementation Committee Meeting Minutes; December 8, 2015
- Final 2015 GAF Report
- Analysis of Charter Management Measures for 2016 (Areas 2C/3A)
- October 21, 2015 1-5pm, Telephonic meeting, Anchorage, AK