The Council’s Charter Halibut Management Committee was established to develop recommended management alternatives for the charter halibut fishery in Areas 2C and 3A. Requested changes to management measures are suggested by the Committee in October of each year, then evaluated by ADF&G staff to estimate their impact on charter halibut catch. The Committee recommends management measures to the Council in December of each year. Staff contact is Steve MacLean: 907-271-2809.
Announcement: The Council is seeking nominations for seats to be filled on the Charter Halibut Committee to include a 3A representative from a community that is not on the road system, and a 2C representative from one of the smaller communities to complement representation from Juneau and Sitka. Nominations are open until March 31, 2017. Representatives will be named at the April Council meeting. Please send a letter of interest to email@example.com.
- Andy Mezirow, chairman
- Seth Bone – 2C Sitka
- Matt Kopec- 3A Homer
- Daniel Donich – 3A Homer
- Mike Flores – 3A Ninilchik
- Kent Huff – 2C Gustavus
- Stan Malcom – 2C Petersburg
- Richard Yamada – 2C Auke Bay
- Steve Zernia – 3A Seward
- December 8, 2015 1-5 PM Hilton, Anchorage AK
- Halibut Charter Implementation Committee Meeting Minutes; December 8, 2015
- Final 2015 GAF Report
- Analysis of Charter Management Measures for 2016 (Areas 2C/3A)
- October 21, 2015 1-5pm, Telephonic meeting, Anchorage, AK