The Council has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with 10 Federal agencies and 4 State agencies, to create the Alaska Marine Ecosystem Forum (AMEF). The AMEF seeks to improve coordination and cooperative understanding between the agencies on issues of shared responsibilities related to the marine ecosystems off Alaska’s coast. The purpose of the forum is to:
- Promote dialogue and information exchange.
- Improve agency coordination by sharing priorities and data.
- Allow agencies to understand the ecosystem impact of other activities.
- Provide opportunities for problem solving and joint work.
Staff contact is Diana Evans: 907-271-2815.
- Squid to Ecosystem Component Category (2/13/2017)
2011: August Agenda
2010: January Agenda/Meeting Summary/Handouts
2009: June Agenda/Meeting Summary/Handouts
2008: August Agenda/Meeting Summary
2008: January Agenda/Meeting Summary/Handouts
2007: July Agenda/Meeting Summary/Handouts
2006: September Agenda/Meeting Summary
Alaska Marine Ecosystem Forum Members
Agency heads or Representatives
- National Marine Fisheries Service
- Fish and Wildlife Service
- National Park Service
- Bureau of Land Management
- Environmental Protection Agency
- United States Forest Service
- United States Coast Guard
- Alaskan Command
- United States Army Corps of Engineers